Working with it's sister company, Grit Industries Inc., Grithog Sand Control Systems Ltd. has researched and designed the Grit Removal System.
The system is designed to allow heavy oil sand movement without agitation. This helps to alleviate the creation of slop oil that is a result of water jetting or stinging.
Grithog has been operating the desanding equipment known as the Grit Removal System (GRS) since the summer of 1997. The GRS was developed as a natural refinement of Grithog's other patented systems for non-entry tank cleaning and sand handling.
The GRS consistes of four major components: the in-tank auger, the storage tank, the Gritlicker machine, and the triaxle end-dump trailer units.
The in-tank auger system is an externally-driven, intrinsically-safe auger, which is installed in a removable configuration in field production, desand, water, and blow-off tankage. The auger is equipped with a block valve and receiver fitting at the discharge end.
The third component is the Gritlicker, a self-contained unit that power the tank auger, elevating augers and ancillaries. The on-board vacuum tank and pressure system is used to capture decanted liquids from the load.
The fourth component is the triaxle end-dump with tare-weights 30 per cent higher than other transportation equipment.
Put all together, you have a complete waste management solution that excels and being environmentally-responsible, while still offering considerable financial payoff.
|view printer friendly version
The GRS is designed to exceed existing standard practices in throughput safe work and cost effectiveness.
The GRS advantages:
• Water, sand or oil may be directly extracted from in-service tankage, without dilution or stimulation by water jetting.
• In sour service applications a neutralizing agent may be added in the auger system.
• The load is visible for inspection and sampling at all times, thus quality and quantity are easily determined.
• Tank gauging is simplified when only a "sand" ticket is required to reconcile well production for the day.
• Tank repairs due to erosion or corrosion are minimized.
• No outside water is used, thus compatibility and contamination are non-issues.
• There is no turbulence, and no re-suspension of clays, silts or sands.
• Auger-removed sand shows significant levels of silts and clays.
• There are no adverse effects to treating stability, heat recovery, or heat loss.